Stories are such a powerful tool and connector to bring freedom, hope and courage to others.
Everyone has a story, each unique and powerful.
At this point in the event, take a moment to share your story, and / or other people’s stories.
This invites people in to discover, own and share their own stories.
- Do spotlight stories - quick snippets of a few girls sharing their story / journey
- Have a panel of people sharing their stories, advice, experiences, and even answering questions
- Have one longer, more in depth story / sharing the journey (you and/or reach out to a speaker or inspirational person in their world - we can also do this with you)
- Have as many girls as you want sharing what being REAL looks like for them and what's stopping them or used to stop them (our response card) - could start off with one and then run this activity (details in next section)
- Have different people read out letters to their younger self
Check out Eleanor’s story below for inspiration.
SHARE STORY RESOURCES
SUGGESTIONS FOR SHARING YOUR STORY:
- What does being REAL look like for you?
- What stops you or used to stop you from being REAL / embracing who you really are?
- Any tips or tools you’ve discovered / grown in?
- Share progress / story – where was I (a season / experience of not being real), what was the impact of this, what made me want to change (critical moment / experience, choice), new insights now?
- Advice you would share with your younger self / the girl in your story?
- Why you are part of the ChooseREAL movement – what it means to you?
- What our heartbeat message of “you are more than enough, just as you are”, means to you, your experience
- Encouraging reflective thought / idea to empower others